- Graduated from Abbot Academy (now part of Phillips Academy Andover) in June 1958, Cum Laude.
- Graduated from Boston University, College of Liberal Arts, with a B.A. in Russian Language and Literature in June 1962. (Elected to Delta, the highest honorary society for the College of Liberal Arts, also Elected to Scarlet Key, the highest honorary society for the entire university, and Elected to Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities).
- Came to the Washington, DC area in September 1962 to work at National Security Agency, Ft. Meade, MD, as a Russian Linguist/Intelligence Research Analyst. Was trained in Arabic language and became an Arabic linguist also. Retired from National Security Agency in May 1972.
- Volunteered at several Montgomery County Schools for about 18 years (PTA Boards, Hands-on Science Coordinator, Cultural Arts Coordinator, Kindergarten Volunteer, Library (media center) Volunteer).
- Received award from the State of Maryland for over 400 hours of Volunteerism (after only 2 or 3 years of volunteering).
- Received Paralegal Studies Certificate with Honors from Montgomery College in May 2005.
- Elected to two terms to Montgomery College Alumni Board of Governors from 2005-2011.
- Graduated from Montgomery County Citizens’ Police Academy in 2003 and member of their alumni group from 2003 to the present (2018).
- Ran for Montgomery County Council in the Primary in Sept. 2002.
- Usher at Olney Theatre Center since October 1988 to the present. Received 2 awards as “Usher of the Year.”
- Co-founder of the Greater Goshen Civic Association in 1989 (President, Vice President, and Board of Directors Member)
- Volunteer at Hospice Caring for several years in the 1990s.
- Daughters of Vartan Member for about 20 years – held officer positions.
- Volunteer at St. Mary’s Armenian Apostolic Church, Washington, DC since 1962 to the present (2018).
- Nursery School and Sunday School teacher and substitute.
- Choir member
- ACYOA member
- Elected to Parish Council
- Elected to WED Scholarship Committee.
- Women’s Guild Chairman and Co-Chairman and member for many years.
- Mr. & Mrs. Young Couples Committee.
- Usher duty for several years until the present.
- Received 3 awards – ACYOA Alumni Award, Women’s Guild Woman of the Year Award, and Pastoral Certificate of Appreciation for serving St. Mary’s Church for many years.
- Worked carry-out for many, many years for the church bazaars
- Appointed by County Council to the Montgomery Council Airpark Liaison Committee in 1990 to the present (2018) as a representative of one of the communities near the Airpark.
- Founding member and Treasurer of the Goshen Historical Preservation Society from 2000 to the present (2018).
Find out what the County Council Candidates Think About the 9% Property Tax Hike »
Q: Describe yourself on the political spectrum (i.e., fiscal conservative/social liberal, libertarian, social moderate/fiscal liberal).
A: I consider myself “right in the middle” on political matters.
Q: What is the biggest challenge facing Montgomery County today?
A: The biggest challenge facing Mo. Co. is traffic congestion, the worst in the nation!
Q: What is the one thing – project or program – that you want to achieve?
A: The one project I plan to achieve is the completion (only 5.6 miles) of M-83, the Midcounty Corridor Extended.
Q: How will you pay for your project/program?
A: I’d find waste in our spending and use that money to finish this road (in the MasterPlan since 1964) and I would consider a 50 cent toll at the end of Midcounty Extended at Shady Grove Rd. and the entrance to the ICC.
[ Go Back ]